For a western Iowan I'm pretty open-minded, but come on Iowa Democratic Party. Your next spokesperson should at the very least be an American citizen. I'd go so far as to say the new press hire should have some Iowa ties, too -- current or past resident.
But to say in a news release that U.S. citizenship is "desirable." This is the kind of thing that just hands red meat to people like Steve King.
Here's the list of qualification a la the party:
* Extensive campaign, state party or political experience
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
* Experience in managing large press events
* Extensive travel across the state is required
* U.S. citizenship desirable
* Active voting status desirable