Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Quick, without Google, name a Supreme Court case

In an interview with Katie Couric of CBS News, GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was reportedly unable to name any U.S. Supreme Court cases other than Roe V. Wade. She would of course, ahem, appoint justices should she succeed McCain for any reason.

Here is what The Politico reports:

After noting Roe vs. Wade, Palin was apparently unable to discuss any major court cases.

There was no verbal fumbling with this particular question as there was with some others, the aide said, but rather silence.


Now I put the challenge to you: name some Supreme Court cases as quickly as you can without cheating and using Google.

I could get to five cases off the top of my head. Granted, no TV cameras in my face., Then again, I am not a governor running for the vice presidency where if elected the only thing between me and the White House is a 72-year-old man.

I'll name the five cases tomorrow. And I'll give you a freebie now: Brown vs. Board of Education. Drop your answers in the comments section and we'll see which Iowa Political Alert readers are smsrter than Palin.

No comments: