Friday, March 07, 2008

King Announces Re-Election Campaign For Congress




SIOUX CITY – At a press conference held in Sioux City this morning, Iowa Congressman Steve King announced his decision to seek re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives from Iowa’s 5th District. A second announcement will take place Friday afternoon at 5:30 pm in Council Bluffs at Tish’s Restaurant.

“I work hard each and every day to represent the interests of my constituents, fully understanding the trust each places in me to achieve our many goals,” King said. “I have sought to offer purposeful leadership and play a meaningful role in the mission of Iowa’s 5th District. When western Iowans come together to make a difference we find responsible solutions, efficient government, and accountability.”

In announcing his intention to seek re-election, King credited western Iowans for their strengths. “The 5th District continues to advance and I am proud to have participated in that progress with you,” he said.

“Throughout my time in Congress I have delivered the truth from Washington. Standing up on principle often means taking some arrows, but we have pulled together to make a difference,” King said. “I am looking forward to the next two years and taking this country, our state, and our district, to the next level of our destiny. Working together, we can do just that.”

Congressman Steve King was first elected to Congress in 2002. He is a member of the U.S. House Agriculture, Judiciary, and Small Business Committees. King and his wife, Marilyn, raised three sons and have two granddaughters all living in western Iowa. King started an earth-moving contracting company and saw that small business, with roots in the agribusiness industry, grow. King Construction is now owned by the Congressman’s oldest son, David, and his wife, Meghann.

“I enjoy all the beauty and bounty western Iowa has to offer including our great natural resources which deserve our respect and protection,” King concluded. “I am humbled by the responsibility placed in me by the citizens of western Iowa and ask their continued support as I seek re-election.”

No comments: